Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Langwitches

picture
.Langwitches.org



I went to langwitches.org to get more information about podcasts, and I found this information to be very helpful. I clicked on "producing a podcast" link and found great insight into podcasting. One thing that suprised me very much that I learned on this cite is that podcasting can be incorportated at any age. Three kindergarden teachers incorported podcasting into their classrooms, and it was very sussesful. Important aspects of podcasting I learned was that it is very important to choose a theme or a purpose for your podcast and stick with it. I also learned that it is very important to explain to your students what podcasting is, and prepare them on what to expect.

The next thing that is very important to incorporate when using podcasting in the classrooms is to practice. Practice high and low voices, excited and boring voices. It is important for kids to understand they are speaking directly to a audience and to know how to use their voices in a expressive way. I listend to one of the podcast on this page made by kindergarders, and I was very impressed. These young children knew how to use their voices in a very excited and intesting manner. They spoke clearly and I could feel their emotions just by the sound of their voices. Overall, I realy enjoyed this website and learned alot about podcasting with children

No comments:

Post a Comment