Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Should All Teachers Be Technologically Literate?

The Technologically Literate Teacher

The videocast made by EDM 310 Students gave me a very good idea of what a videocast needs to be like, and I also found some areas in this videocast that could use some improvement.

The first thing I noticed immediatly about this videocast was that the students were not dressed very professional. I think dressing nice would would greatly improve any videocast, and alow the listener to take the videocast more seriously. The next thing I noticed that could have been improved was the tone of the speaker's voices. For the most part the voices of the students were very monotone, and the pace of the converstation was a bit slow. To improve my videocast I think we should have a variation in our voices, and move are converstation at a quicker pace to keep listerners intrested.

The next improvement I believe that can be added to our class videocast is the postion of the speakers. I think the audience could relate better to the converstation if the students were facing the camera more. The audience could feel more included if they could see the speakers entire face for example. Lastly, I think this videocast could have been a little more positive. The speakers spoke alot about the reasons teachers are not Technology literate, but they briefly touched on positves outcomes. Possibly when our class does a videocast we can give a more balanced conversatoion touching on the positives and negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment